Sensuality is the innate creativity of the body. It is the doorway to body-acceptance, physical pleasure of all types, and a key to mental and spiritual health. Sensuality is what makes us open-minded, joyful, compassionate, resilient, and capable of intimacy. It is about radical gratitude for our bodies and the ability to tap into the pleasures of daily life, even when pain or emotional stagnation is present. Sensuality and sexuality go hand-in-hand -- though some may wish to explore their sensuality apart from sex itself. Regardless, this journey of discovery will transform you into sexier, freer, stronger, and more insightful person.
I help people connect words (the way you express who you are aloud or your own mind) back to the natural pleasures of the sensual body. I teach bodies how to move from words into the present moment of liberated sensation.
the body poetik sessions weave together practices from tantra, intimacy coaching, sex surrogacy therapy, body work like massages an mediation, and the creative arts such as poetry and storytelling. I am a certified Sexological Bodyworker (CSB), or Somatic Sex Educator, through the state of California.To learn more about sexological bodywork, visit the international association's website. sexologicalbodyworkers.org. My name and website are listed on this directory. I completed my practicum hours through the Institute of Advanced Studies in Human Sexuality in San Francisco in 2014. If you have tried talk therapy or the medical route to help for body-image, physical vitality, sexuality or relationships and you still need to find a more direct path to transformation, these sessions are for you.
the body poetik sessions are for
--Singles struggling to negotiate sex, self-image and genuine connection
--Women who want to go beyond the movie and TV scripts of how to their bodies should be
--People navigating gender transition.
--Writers or other artists who understand that their creativity is linked to their body.
What to expect
Nudity is not required, but is welcomed if agreed upon by the group. Groups can contract with me to design a course that fits their interests at their chosen location. Individual sessions are held at my private studio in downtown St. Petersburg, FL.
Sessions can also happen via Skype or FaceTime, if I am not in your area or you feel more comfortable approaching the subject matter from the comfort of your own home. We can meet at a local cafe just to get know each, prior to our first session.
$80.00 for individual sessions of 1 hour, $100 for couples.
Sliding-scale is always available for seniors and person with disabilities.
ContactPlease answer the questions below and send them to me vis email so I understand a little more about you. if this is barrier, we can go over them as part of our first session.
- Name, age, gender, sexual orientation.
- Married, single, divorced? Please feel free to describe your relationship status.
- Do you have any health concerns? Are you on any medications, and if so, what type?
- Religion or particular spiritual beliefs?
- Do you have any fitness or movement practice? Yoga, lifting weights, walking, etc...
- Do you have any concerns about your sex life? Do you feel stuck, dissatisfied, or are you
experiencing physical dysfunction in or psychological distress about your sex life?
- Do you masturbate and how often?
- What kinds of sex do you have and how often?
- Share something about your erotic imagination. What turns you on, what excites you? What do you find sexually attractive in another person
- In terms of just general intimacy, do you have others in your life who help you to feel soothed,
supported and refreshed? These relationships can be familial or platonic...
- Think about a time you felt very alive to your body--apart from a sexual time. A time when you felt pleasure, comfort, or a rush. Please describe.
- What is your intention in seeking out this service? A sexual issue? To improve your dating life or marriage? To become more open to your own sensuality, more positive about your body? Please describe.
Amber DiPietra is not a medical doctor or licensed sex therapist. She is certified in California, Canada, and several other countries as a somatic sex educator. In Florida, she practices as an life coach with a focus on intimacy and body acceptance. Sessions with Amber DiPietra/the body poetik are not a one-time solution. This service is most beneficial over time, through repeated visits.